BS Brigham Young University, 2011
The Lin Brain Lab is a multi-disciplinary laboratory investigating nutritional and genetic components of Alzheimer's disease as well as the interaction of gut microbiota on brain health. We use advance magnetic resonance imaging techniques as a primary tool to measure metabolic and vascular changes in the brains of mouse models of Alzheimer's disease. As a biomedical engineer my project is focused on developing an accelerated MRI technique to improve the speed and accuracy of non-invasive cerebral blood flow measurements derived from arterial spin labeling (ASL) scans. This will help clear a major hurdle in the translation of ASL to standard clinical practice.
- Lin, AL ; Parikh, I.; Yanckello, LM ; White, RS ; Hartz, AMS ; Taylor, CE ; McCulloch, SD ; Thalman, SW ; Xia, M.; McCarty, K.; Ubele, M ; Head, E.; Hyder, F.; Sanganahalli, BG "APOE genotype-dependent pharmacogenetic responses to rapamycin for preventing Alzheimer's disease." Neurobiology of disease 139, (2020): 104834. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Thalman, SW ; Powell, DK ; Lin, AL "Novel Calibrated Short TR Recovery (CaSTRR) Method for Brain-Blood Partition Coefficient Correction Enhances Gray-White Matter Contrast in Blood Flow Measurements in Mice." Frontiers in neuroscience 13, (2019): 308. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Thalman, SW ; Powell, DK ; Ubele, M ; Norris, CM ; Head, E.; Lin, AL "Brain-Blood Partition Coefficient and Cerebral Blood Flow in Canines Using Calibrated Short TR Recovery (CaSTRR) Correction Method." Frontiers in neuroscience 13, (2019): 1189. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Lee, J.; Yanckello, LM ; Ma, D.; Hoffman, JD ; Parikh, I.; Thalman, S.; Bauer, B.; Hartz, AMS ; Hyder, F.; Lin, AL "Neuroimaging Biomarkers of mTOR Inhibition on Vascular and Metabolic Functions in Aging Brain and Alzheimer's Disease." Frontiers in aging neuroscience 10, (2018): 225. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Pumphrey, A.; Yang, Z.; Ye, S.; Powell, DK ; Thalman, S.; Watt, DS ; Abdel-Latif, A.; Unrine, J.; Thompson, K.; Fornwalt, B.; Ferrauto, G.; Vandsburger, M. "Advanced cardiac chemical exchange saturation transfer (cardioCEST) MRI for in vivo cell tracking and metabolic imaging." NMR in biomedicine 29, 1 (2016): 74-83. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]